Tuesday, June 16, 2020

this is a tough one.....

Exactly two weeks to the day after mom's passing we lost my Dad.
Things were rough for a few days ...but...we've pulled ourselves together.
We decided that neither one of them would have wanted us to dwell on their deaths and to go on with what was necessary.
So
CityBoy has been named Executor of the wills.
 
I've been talking with 4 different insurance companies about each of them.....ugh....talk about red tape.
My brother has been doing all the little repairs needed to put their house on the market.  Plus, looking for a new home for him and his wife.
 
We've made many...many trips to Salvation Army, Good Will, and the Homeless Shelter, after sorting through 63 years of stuff......stuff.....you never have enough stuff...!! 

The house went on the market yesterday. 

Things are slowly coming together.



7 comments:

  1. So hard to lose them both in such a short time. Life goes on. My sympathy to you all .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man a live what a double whammy, but it sounds like you guys are doing what must be done. 63 years, same as us. We loved to read when you talked about them. We agree here, we would appreciate our Lord doing that for us, taking us close together. I am sure they appreciated His decision.
    Thinking of you guys, up on the mountain.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss of your father. I know how hard it is to lose your parents. They will however always remain in your thoughts. And having to clean out their house after all those years - I have been down that road when my parents passed, so I know what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Two big losses in two weeks. Praying God is giving your strength, peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shock to lose both parents in such a short span of time. You are right, you have to move ahead, so many things to deal with when a parent dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m so sorry about losing your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Hello Blog Admin and anyone reading this , I was diagnosed of herpes and Hiv at the age of 24, and it runs my life until I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center- thankfully after drinking Dr itua herbal medicines for two weeks I'm completely cured which really helped me now I've had no limit how much I do massively. I had two jobs, one full time and one part time, have my horse to care for and would also help friends with their horses. Have since had to accept that I only have one job (to take care of my health) and still care for my horse with help... Dr Itua also cures all sorts of chronic illness and diseases like Herpes,Hiv/Aids,Cancer,Kidney Disease,Liver Diseases,Hepatitis,Lupus,HPV,Diabetes,COPD, And other health conditions anyone may have in their body. Dr Itua uses his herbal medicineTo cure those diseases.
    Visit his herbal website www.drituaherbalcenter.com/shop or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com This is an illness I wouldn't wish on my enemy

    ReplyDelete